2016 in Wandering

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

gillette castle, connecticut  ♡ washington, dc ♡ the clark art institute, massachusetts

west kirby, england  cinque terre, italy firenze, italy

the lake district, england ♡ the national gallery, dc

Happy New Year’s Eve-Eve! Since I’ll be kicking off 2017 by traveling to Monterey Bay Aquarium…I mean, California, I thought I’d revisit these past twelve months of adventuring. It will probably be a long time before I take so many trips in one year again!

As someone who tends to get anxious about traveling (that’s the blog-friendly, extremely understated version of it, anyway), I am very impressed that I pulled off two international voyages this year: to Italy in April and England over the summer. I also took the train all the way down the Eastern Seaboard to D.C. twice, and spent time in countless New England museums.

Though I doubt I’ll be crossing as many international borders next year, I do hope to visit at least one new state, country, or area. It would be fun to meet a pen pal or two in person, too! What are your travel plans (or wild hopes and impossible dreams rather than plans) for 2017?

6 thoughts on “2016 in Wandering

1. thesnailmail December 30, 2016 / 12:47 pm

Happy New Year! Enjoy your trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, one of my favorite places (I’m a LOOONG-time member)!

• Mailbox Mermaid December 30, 2016 / 6:45 pm

Thanks! Happy New Year to you, too! I am SO excited–I haven’t been to the aquarium since 2005. My family and I have been looking forward to this trip for ages!

2. Idle Emma December 30, 2016 / 3:50 pm

A year full of trips! While I haven’t gone on nearly as many this year, I have at least enjoyed reading all about yours 🙂

• Mailbox Mermaid December 30, 2016 / 6:39 pm

Thank you! 🙂 I feel lucky to have visited so many places, and to have wonderful people to share my post-journey ramblings with!

3. marinegirl1 January 1, 2017 / 4:51 am

Happy New Year 🙂 I actually hope to finally visit a friend in South Africa this year, so hopefully I’ll be able to get that organized. Enjoy your time in California!

• Mailbox Mermaid January 2, 2017 / 12:32 pm

Oh wow, South Africa! I have a colleague who’s from Cape Town. That sounds incredible and I hope you’ll get to make the trip!! Hope your 2017 is off to a good start 🙂